On Wednesday 19 September 2001 01:59 pm, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Ryan Bloom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On Wednesday 19 September 2001 01:21 pm, Greg Ames wrote:
> > > For now, ThreadsPerChild might be fine.  I'd feel a little better about
> > > some small constant, like 5 or 10.  But the code does need to learn to
> > > deal with "queue full" more gracefully.
> >
> > Guys, please take a look at the archives.  Manoj did these tests over a
> > year ago.  ThreadsPerChild is the optimal value.  We have run the numbers
> > once already.
>
> I would think that tests for reasonable queue limit need to be done
> with an MPM hich is otherwise working fairly reasonably (e.g., not
> losing connections when the queue fills).  Surely we haven't been
> spinning our wheels all this time when Manoj had one lying around :)

The tests were done before the MPM logic was created.  And yes, the worker
MPM does go back to the very first design that Manoj and I wrote in 6 months
while we were both back at IBM.  Why do you think I keep saying that we are
constantly re-visiting decisions that were made in the past for good reasons.

The worker MPM is not new, the fdqueue logic is not new.  The design comes
from the Lotus Domino Go WebServer, and the code was written over three years
ago.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]