Aaron Bannert wrote:

> 2) How long should the queue be? Should we just set some arbitrary constant,
>    defined in mpm_default.h, or should we come up with some heuristic?

Ideally, you would have 0 connections on the queue most of the time.
Then, just before some worker gets done with its last connection, 1 new
connection briefly appears in the queue.  That gives you the minimum
latency without a lot of blocking & unblocking overhead.  Of course you
can't control the incoming connection rate in the real world, but you
can control the number of threads which are actively trying to consume
from the queue.

For now, ThreadsPerChild might be fine.  I'd feel a little better about
some small constant, like 5 or 10.  But the code does need to learn to
deal with "queue full" more gracefully.

Greg