Ryan Bloom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Saturday 10 November 2001 01:07 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > rbb         01/11/10 13:07:13
> >
> >   Modified:    include  http_connection.h
> >                server   connection.c
> >                server/mpm/winnt mpm_winnt.c
> >   Log:
> >   Fix the Windows MPM.  Windows doesn't always use the lingering close
> >   function. If it can re-use the socket, we are better off not calling
> >   the function.  To fix this, we re-expose the lingering_close function,
> >   and we allow the MPM to remove the cleanup.
>
> Bill,  can you make sure this fixes your problem?  Long-term, this won't work,
> but I want to keep the server working in the short-term.  The reason this won't
> work, is that you will never know if the lingering-close function has been
> registered for any given connection.  We'll have to figure out how to fix that,
> but for now this will work.

I liked somebody's (Greg Stein's??) idea recently where lingering
close could be a hook or optional function which the MPM could
implement (perhaps with a no-op).  An MPM should be able to implement
lingering close on its own.  A single thread could be devoted to
doing the lingering close.

I'm not sure if the ability of an MPM to do this has changed
recently.  It seems weird to have to kill a cleanup in order to make
it work.
--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...