On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 09:08:27AM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> Ok.  Here's my take.  Your patch breaks mod_ssl EAPI's patch (makes some
> of it superfluous, actually) and breaks ALL binary compatibility.
>
> Lets go for it :)

But it's better to get it over with in one take right?

> Here's my suggestion.  Do as you've advocated [based on httpd.exp].  But
> DROP the ordinals on Win32.  The hash-lookup of the fn names that occurs
> under the covers makes the differences nill.  Modules will continue to be
> backwards compatible from, oh, maybe version 1.3.14 or whenever we last
> horked with the structs.  But no older modules will be forward compatible,
> since they were bound by ordinal value.

So what do you want me to do with the Win32 part?

> I'll experiment and consider applying your patch.  Without a veto, and
> after Brad has reviewed this on Netware, I would be happy to commit the
> patch, with the appropriate no-ordinals fix [probably as a seperate step.]

And we definitelly want to make sure I exported all the functions
correctly before applying it. I had a fair part of the actual patching
automated with and kept an eye on what it did. I would just like for
someone other than myself to verify that I'm using the correct
API_EXPORT,CORE_EXPORT,API_EXPORT_NONSTD definitions all over.

thanks,

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>