Cliff Woolley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > I've tried efence on Linux but I'm not sure what is supposed to
> > happen.
>
> It's supposed to segfault if you attempt to read or write outside the
> bounds of memory you allocated with malloc.
>
> > It segfaults all over the place when I bang on it, but I don't get
> > coredumps when threads segfault on my level of kernel :(
>
> Try running it directly under gdb if you haven't already... I frequently
> use efence on Linux, and have found running it directly under the debugger
> to be the most headache-free way to figure out what's going on.  Usually
> you can start up the server and then attach to the child process's pid
> (not one of an individual thread), and you should be good to go.

I attached to the child process's pid which interrupted sigwait, then
did continue and in a separate terminal I banged on the server.  When the
child process woke up I was still in the same place (__sigsuspend
called by sigwait) but with the message

  ptrace in stop_thread: No such process.

The process had exited.

Do you see anything obvious which I messed up?

> Sorry I missed the rest of the conversation, but what exactly do you have
> to do to "bang on it" to see the segfault?  I'll try it myself if you give
> me a hint as to what to try.

I configured the worker MPM to have 1 process and 100's of threads then
used an ab-like tool to bang on it with many concurrent connections.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...