On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 02:01:26PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > > Please don't let two mis-behaved modules color your judgment on
> this.
> > > Both proxy and perchild must be re-written if they are going to be
> > > clean, and once that is done the stupid set_module_config can be
> > > removed.  In fact, the server ran for over a day without the
> > > set_module_config, but that broke the proxy, so I added the hack to
> > > allow the proxy to continue to work, while I worked to solve the
> > > underlying problem.
> >
> > mmm... I'd be interested to know what the solution is for
> > net_time_filter since it is using the ap_get_module_config
> > hack also.
>
> The real solution is to pass the core_net_rec structure to the NET_TIME
> filter as user-data for the filter, the same way we do for CORE_IN and
> CORE_OUT.

You're kidding, right? The core_net_rec is private to the core. You can't
just start passing that around the server. That just breaks the abstraction
that you've worked so hard to implement.

No... something else needs to be figured out [for the net_time_filter].

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/