> > this.
> > >
> > > mmm... I'd be interested to know what the solution is for
> > > net_time_filter since it is using the ap_get_module_config
> > > hack also.
> >
> > The real solution is to pass the core_net_rec structure to the
NET_TIME
> > filter as user-data for the filter, the same way we do for CORE_IN
and
> > CORE_OUT.
>
> You're kidding, right? The core_net_rec is private to the core. You
can't
> just start passing that around the server. That just breaks the
> abstraction
> that you've worked so hard to implement.
>
> No... something else needs to be figured out [for the
net_time_filter].

But the net_time_filter is implemented by the core.  If we really want
to abstract this more, we can create a function that, given a conn_rec
can set a timeout on the socket.  I think I see how that can be done.
Or, we can actually create a net_module, that has a spot in the
c->conf_vector that is the net_rec.  That module can implement the logic
to set a timeout on a connection.  Which is really what we want, to be
able to set a timeout on a connection, not on a socket.

Ryan