From: "Dwayne Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: 2.0.31 on Windows

> I tracked down my problem with not being able to run Apache as a
> service.  The ServerRoot param was not set correctly.  It was /Apache2
> instead of D:/Apache2.
> This configuration file error was never logged anywhere.  Not only that,
> even with this setting, Apache would run fine from the command line.

The 'service' mode has all sorts of peculiar behaviors.  You've identified
exactly what I'm seeing today.

Which Win32 OS are you using, exactly?

> But trying to start as a server, the ap_walk_config() routine, called in
> server/config.c returned the error  and called exit(1).
>
> Somewhere, this error should be presented to the user.  I'm just not
> sure where, or how to do it.

Definately the biggest 'bug' of the hour is the service logging.  It looks
like some changes a little ways back in main.c borked us.

And the second bug is the lack of -d -f args in the service's Parameters
registry key ... ConfigArgs is coming up empty.

The final bug is the simple one.  Why paths can't merge right in the service.
I suspect that's the whole LocalService/non-Network situation going on...
but it's worthless to debug without resolving the bigger error logging fish :)

The only real answer is moving the service code into apr, pre-main() or in
tandem with apr_initialize() [starting with apr_app_main and getting the
service stuff tied in.]  But I wanted to wait for .33 on those changes.

Bill