From: "Dwayne Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 1:09 PM

> >Dwayne...
> >
> >  what CPU is your box on [staring on hunches here] ... speed?
> >
> It's a laptop with an 850 Mhz Pentium.  Actual id is
> x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel
>
> More info than you need??   :)

No.  I think the failures are related to the performance of the CPU - I think
we've overtaken the Kernel.

> >  Was this a soft restart apache -k restart or a hard restart?
> >
> I just clicked on the restart computer option on the shutdown menu.  I
> did not gracefully stop the apache service first.

Yup.  If you use Mark's procexp program from sysinterals.com you will see you
have no apPID_shutdown event.  That Event is critical for shutdown, the rest
of the errors you see follow from that missing bit.

> >  I suspect the apr_file_stdfoo_open stuff could trounce the mpm's own
> >pipe channel.  I'll research in a bit.

I'm actually getting this running under some SoftIce to see what falls out.

Bill