On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 02:12:42PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 01:23:08PM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > This does _not_ add support for a static httpd, since that issue is
> > not yet decided, but it should solve 7 of the 8 binaries that Ken was
> > worried about. The "should httpd also be static" discussion can happen
> > independently of this patch.
>
> Personally, I agree that the httpd *can* be static, but not that
> it *should* be static.  Can we just go ahead and add that while we're
> at it?  IMHO, the real discussion is what is the default.  -- justin

I'm not so sure that it can be static on all platforms in the first place.
My main concern is a missing symbol required by a module that isn't
available in httpd or properly exported, which causes a runtime failure
at some unknown time *after* the server appears to successfully start;
but this could just be paranoia on my part.

I'd also rather not allow this discussion to block the above patch,
since I think we'd all agree that it is acceptable.

-aaron