Jeff Trawick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Now that the box is working better I see a couple of errors that
> need further study:
>
> 1) cgi request handled by cgid right after a restart isn't working
>    (I added a bunch of restarts in my regression test during the
>    days that it was hung on Solaris, so probably this isn't related to
>    the patchlevel)

seems to be a timing window which was always there...  the cgid daemon
isn't [currently] guaranteed to be initialized by the time the first
request comes in, so there will be the occasional service-unavailable
error for cgi requests that slip in during this timeframe...

the retry logic I added to the cgid handler doesn't kick in because it
refuses to do anything special when the cgid socket special file
doesn't exist (otherwise, it would be stuck doing retries at
termination)

> 2) POD issue with worker MPM:
>
> [Tue Feb 12 12:01:46 2002] [notice] SIGUSR1 received.  Doing graceful
> restart
> [Tue Feb 12 12:01:46 2002] [warn] (128)Network is unreachable: connect
> to listener

This particular Solaris box has a screwy IPv6 setup which I don't yet
know how to fix.  For some reason I can get an IPv6 socket and bind to
in6addr_any but IPv6 loopback (lo0, ::1) is disabled and I can't
connect to :: or ::1 :(  The wonderful Sun admin manuals say to simply
"touch /etc/<ifname>.6" or something silly like that and then reboot, but
still no happiness.  Hopefully comp.unix.solaris can offer some
guidance.

I don't know whether or not the setup problem was present before
installing the current recommended patch set.

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...