Eli Marmor wrote:

> By the way: The main problem of Apache 2.0 (IMHO) is not stability
> (which is already higher than competing products),

:) :) :)

btw, in less than an hour daedalus will have been running JRE_1 for 3 days.  The
only hiccup I'm aware of was the surprising behavior when ForceLanguagePriority
isn't coded.  wrowe has committed something to address that, which I will test
shortly.

> or performance (although it still keeps improving), or portability (which is
> excellent), or security (well, comparing to IIS...);
>
> The main problem is that most of the complementing tools, such as the
> fcgi you mentioned (FastCGI), or the Apache's WBM of Webmin, or the
> various building/packaging tools (e.g. Apacompile), etc., are not yet
> working with Apache 2.0, but only with 1.3.*.
>
> This is, from my impression, the main reason that stops people to
> move to Apache 2.0.

It could be a chicken-and-egg problem.  If the developers of those tools don't
have a lot of users asking for Apache 2.0 support, what is their motivation for
providing it?  They are probably like us, with lots of other things on their
to-do lists.  If we had a golden release, perhaps that would help change the
situation.

Greg