> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 09:08:38AM -0800, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > even easier
> > a nightly cron job which does a HEAD on the URL link.
> > if it 404's x in a row it gets marked as old
> > if it 404's for a week/month it gets deleted
> >
> > what are you planning to write this in JSP/perl/PHP ?
> > or a custom apache module (this is dev@ after all)
>
> Already a lot of ideas floating around, maybe it would be good to get
> a mailinglist set up for discussion on it?

I know, but I don't have a machine yet.  I'm not going to have the box
ready until next Wednesday.  I just wanted to give a quick heads up and
get people thinking.  I would get things setup sooner, but I have a
major deadline this week, and I can't spare the cycles right now.  I
promise, as soon as I can next week I will get the machine and mailing
list setup.

In the meantime, I will speak to my sysadmins to see if I can get a
temporary mailing list setup on our current mail server.

Ryan