Like I mentioned before, on NetWare we can't use a piped log because the
NetWare OS doesn't support pipes.  A cron job is also a problem because
we don't have that either.  Since Apache created the log file, writes to
the log file, formats the output and closes the log file, is it that big
of a leap to have it rotate the log file as well?

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
Novell, Inc., a leading provider of Net business solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wednesday, February 27, 2002 1:45:27 PM >>>
Do we really want Apache rotating logs?  Apache is a web server it
serves web pages really well.  If you want log rotation, use either a
piped log or a cron job that restarts the server.

Ryan