Aaron Bannert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 07:02:46PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > > Will they actually hold the semaphore while they are servicing long-lived
> > > connections?
> >
> > no... the semaphore is held only during the poll+accept
> >
> > >               I guess we'd have to make it so that as soon as that worker*
> > > is done with that connection it checks to see if it is time to quit w/o
> > > hitting the semaphore again.  Would that work?
> >
> > Current code doesn't try to obtain the semaphore again if it is time
> > to go away.
>
> In that case, the mutex error is completely valid and we should be
> considering why the listener thread has not escaped from the accept loop
> when the POD told it to do so.

I don't understand your concern.  I've never seen a case where the
listener thread doesn't escape from the accept loop.  Sometimes it
escapes before it checks the pod (because of a mutex error) but at
least it escapes.

---
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...