> ap_process_request_internal() is called at the very end of
> ap_sub_req_lookup() and I don't
> see that it is providing any additional information that is not
already
> available prior to
> the call (ie, we already have stat'ed the file and know all the finfo
> required by the
> caller). The only useful thing that I see happening is authentication.
> Otherwise, we do
> not want to run translate_name or most of the other hooks as far as I
can
> see...

We have to run all of the hooks, from translate_name through fixups for
all sub-requests.  While translate_name shouldn't do anything for a
lookup_dirent call, all of the auth hooks, type_checker, and fixups can
all modify the request.  By calling ap_process_request_internal the code
is simplified, because there is only one way to go through request
processing.  The previous solution had a different path for every
subrequest mechanism.

Ryan

> Bill
>
> > We call that function in all of the ap_sub_req_lookup functions.
The