Could this change have interfered with Unix?

  Modified:    server   listen.c
  Log:
    Here's the patch that really sucks.  old_listeners points to an array
    of apr_socket objects already destroyed by their cleanups, and in any
    case they now live in invalid memory.  Extend their lifetimes.

    This implies that the process pool grows on every restart for no good
    reason.  One possible solution is to let the old pconf survive until
    the new pconf is alive.  Another is to create the listeners in a subpool
    of process->pool, destroyed after the old_listeners are closed.

    Either which way, a better solution exists, but this closes the immediate
    bug.  [How haven't we been segfaulting in unix on restarts before this
    patch, gurus?]

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.77      +4 -5      httpd-2.0/server/listen.c

-aaron