On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 12:09:35PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> MPMs should never exist in modules/.
>
> I don't think a 'broken mpm' is any worse than an MPM that doesn't
> compile at all.  But if you want to insist that --with-mpm=perchild yields
> some sort of "This MPM is experimental -- it is not expected to work
> at this time" ... that would be fine.
>
> But I see no reason not to fold these fixes into 2.0.34 unless they start
> touching files outside of server/mpm/perchild/

I'm not saying that we shouldn't include the perchild changes, I'm just
saying we shouldn't imply that by including them the perchild MPM is
any less experimental. In fact, I think we should go one step further
and create a server/mpm/experimental to put things like perchild,
leader-follower, door, and whatever else comes along.

I'm all for a message from the configure script, but I don't think that
it is obvious enough by itself.

-aaron