"David Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jeff,
>
> > of course :) (I also remember your other problem where I suggested
> > running buildconf to pick up local libtool... what happened with
> > that?)
>
> Just got around to trying that (long queue, what with a brand new Apache 2
> to play with :-). Yes, the latest libtool installed 1.4.2 and the tarball
> builds without a hitch. I saw a thread in dev@ talking about trying to
> resync with the public lib tool. Hopefully the libtool sync will make it
> into the next spin of the tarball.

I don't expect any miracles myself.  There is no one libtool that
works on all the platforms we support.  If there ever is, then great!

I just added a Tru64 note at

  http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/

(click on the "Check here to see" link right under the links to the
tarballs)

hudson has 1.3.5 and I just verified that using the libtool in the
Apache tarball there results in the -pthread problem but using 1.3.5
is fine.

> A bug somewhere in our network code/implementation ? I wrote a small program
> to setup a simple listener using the v6 api and another small program to
> connect to it also using the v6 api and was able to reproduce the fact that
> I could not connect to :: on the machine without ipv6 enabled. But... on the
> server side I did use in6addr_any as opposed to doing a lookup of :: and
> then using that addr.

A lookup of :: is supposed to get you in6addr_any :)...  I'll have to
look at this further later...  Thanks for showing the jist results...

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Born in Roswell... married an alien...