[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> jerenkrantz    02/05/01 00:15:40
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                server/mpm/worker worker.c
>   Log:
>   Close sockets on worker MPM when doing a graceless restart.  This should
>   resolve some segfaults see when doing such restarts.

(My apologies for not keeping up with the discussions over the past
days.)

I don't see (yet) which segfault this would fix.  Maybe I was hoping
for a fix to the wrong problem...

If this was to be combined with a change to do a thread-join on the
workers even for graceless termination, then I can see how the
segfault caused by cleaning up a pool that the worker threads depend
on would be avoided.  (But of course a thread-join on a worker could
hang for a while, depending on what a 3rd-party module is doing.)

This change alone doesn't do much for the race between the main thread
cleaning up pchild and the worker threads getting dispatched and
realizing that they can exit and finally finishing their use of data
in subpools of pchild and doing the pthread_exit().

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Born in Roswell... married an alien...