Looking for both faults (passing the next filter when we are doing lookups,
and passing NULL when we are going to serve the content) ... it really
seems that;

D:\clean\httpd-2.0\modules\mappers\mod_negotiation.c(2550):
         sub_req = ap_sub_req_lookup_file(variant->file_name, r, NULL);

SHOULD be setting the next filter.  Anyone want to dig on this?

Bill