>If you read this whole thread, you'll see that I'm not the only one who likes
>having current -std.conf files available.  They worked this way for ages.  I
>don't recall seeing any complaints about this behavior until yesterday.

why not copy them somewhere in the documentation directory? People seem to
want their conf-directories to be really "clean" - which is can understand.
But i also understand it might be useful to have a current default
configuration file around. IMHO the documentation dir
SERVERROOT/manual/conf/ perhaps?) would be a good place for this.

my 0.02€-cents.. :o)
Nice afternoon,
johannes

--
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not