William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I don't know that module-by-module binary downloads make sense,
> since they all have to be tagged, are specific to a given core release,
> and possibly specific to given module releases as well [think of a DAV
> provider, which needs to be in sync with the core and dav/main srcs].

Dependancies is going to have to be a feature of any CPAN style system.
For example the module proxy_ftp requires mod_proxy which requires
apache core.

On the binary side we could support these dependancies using RPM, etc,
or maybe creating tar files that can be overlaid on top of one another.

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        "There's a moon