Sébastien Bonnegent wrote:

> I want to make a transparent proxy where the client only
> have to give an authentification the first time for a domain
> and after the proxy gives the authentification for the others
> domains. In this system, the auth system must recognize the Basic
> and the Digest mecanisms.

Hmmm... you're going to battle doing this, basically because you need to
get the browsers to cooperate.

The Apache side is pretty easy, just configure one of the authentication
modules and your browser will be forced to authenticate first.

But - your browser is going to ask for a username and password on each
attempt to connect to a different website name (unless the browser bases
it's decision to ask for a password based on the realm string, in which
case it might work).

This is easy to try without any actual coding - set it up and see if it
works...

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]