On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 10:46:03PM +0200, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> > branches in CVS are awful (perhaps not so with SVN though).
>
> Actually - the branching is trivial - it is the merging or the MFC which
> is a bit of a pain. I'd not worry about it. Take a look at the FreeBSD
> crowd who maintains several stable/release/current branches with
> relatively little overhead.

If anything, we'd branch 2.0 and keep the trunk as 2.1 development. As bugs
are fixed on the trunk, they'd be "ported" over to the 2.0 branch.

IMO, we shouldn't branch, and we shouldn't bother with a version bump. I
think we can ensure backwards compat for the directives, and only minor
changes in the modules which need to be LoadModule'd. That is quite fine for
a 2.0.x release.

Cheers,
-g

--