Hi!

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:19:55AM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> I would be happy putting a spec file in the distribution,
> if someone could agree where apache should live on linux box.

I think the layout on Linux shouldn't be so different between the
distros anymore because most already follow FHS (the filesystem
hierarchy standard). FHS makes pretty clear what lives where.
(Except for the server root, where there is no real standard yet.)

Including a spec file would be a nice idea anyway but IMHO it would be
hard to have a common one for all distros.

Wrt RPM packages... AFAIK you apache folks provide binaries only when
someone from the team had built them, and I guess this includes RPMs.
However, would it be an option for you, and acceptable, to link to sites
that provide packages for a given distro? Maybe this could suit Henri,
too.

I would be happy to provide RPMs for UnitedLinux and for SuSE 7.2-8.1,
anyway.

> Henri Gomez wrote:
> >Now that jk 1.2.0 has been released many users ask me for
> >Apache 2.0.42 rpms which are located at :
> >
> >http://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/apache2/
> >
> >What about copying it also on httpd.apache.org,
> >ie http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/linux/

Peter

--
Thought is limitation. Free your mind.