> * Pier Fumagalli ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
>> Just tried to compile on Darwin/Mac OS X 10.2.1, and 2.0.43 doesn't want to
>> build modules (darrrn)... It simply copies the .la file and doesn't even
>> think about creating a .so...
>>
> I can't reproduce this with HEAD, also on 10.2.1
> Will try with .43 after dinner.

Your HEAD probably uses the glibtool(ize) installation on your local box,
which on 10.2 by default is 1.4.2. The tarball was built using the FreeBSD
libtool, which is 1.3.4. This version did not know about Darwin yet and will
not create any sort of shared library on this platform. The solution is
building the tarball with a more recent version of libtool.

Maybe Apache should fail more conclusively if the user wants .so modules and
the build system can't do them, but that's a different question from getting
the functionality to work.

I think the ASF roll environment should bump its libtool. I doubt Darwin is
the only platform that would benefit from that.

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineering group                                Voice: (415) 856 4214

   PGP Fingerprint: 1E74 4E58 DFAC 2CF5 6A03  5531 AFB1 96AF B584 0AB1

use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
of the original message