William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> You haven't read a single email on this thread.  The ENTIRE POINT of this
> thread is that we have a radical change.  Auth.  Two Bills and who knows
> whom all else may concur that we can't reasonably force this change
> into 2.0 for docs and upgrade reasons.
>
> So we have a radical change.  I proposed we create 2.1 to incorporate auth.
>
> Branch 2.1 now?  Only if we want to release the auth changes with all of
> the upgrade issues of deprecating several released module.  It doesn't matter
> that "only the names have changed", this is called deprecating a module,
> and it shouldn't happen within a GA release cycle on the same minor version.

But we've done it before... IIRC the referer logging module for example.

I 100% appreciate your POV that a bump to 2.1 makes the change
even more "substantial" and cleaner. However, I think the group
consensus is that the time to branch off a 2.1 isn't quite ready
yet.
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/