On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 10:46, Thom May wrote:
> * Jim Jagielski ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> > Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > >
> > > At the risk of racing too far ahead in this discussion, here is my
> > > suggestion... 2.0.43 becomes 2.1 and the MMN major does not change for
> > > subsequent 2.1 series releases (except for a compelling reason, eg a
> > > security fix -requires- a bump).  Why 2.1?  No technical reason; purely a PR
> > > tactic to telegraph to the user community we are putting a lot of focus on
> > > maintaining binary backward compatability and to get rid of the *.0.* in the
> > > version number (yea, to appease the folks who are allergic to 0's in version
> > > numbers).
> > >

> > I like.
> >
> Me too.

Not to make a me too post BUT.. me too.  I've been using apache 2. on
non critical projects or where I MUST use apache 2.  (IE Subversion
repository).  So far, it's stable BUT (and I stress this HIGHLY) it's
not been pounded on AT all.  IE at most, 100 hits in a day by 3 or 4
people AT most! :)

--
Jeff Stuart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>