At 02:22 PM 10/17/2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> The one main suggestion I have to OtherBill's rules is that the stable
> release tree of httpd should be under RTC not CTR.  This ensures
> deliberation on our parts for integrating items into the stable tree.

I was laughing at calling the whole process CTRTC (commit to dev,
review, then commit to stable.)  Doesn't slow anyone down from fixing
bits in dev.  Then (preferably as a single unified patch after all the little
bits settle down) post for vote to commit into stable.  This simplifies
review, as all the bits can be worked and debated for days, weeks,
months, as they relate to one big change, without constantly asking
for votes.  Once the whole big change to dev is satisfactory to the
(multiple) authors, that can be incorporated in stable with one big
up/down vote.

It's procedural, and doesn't belong in our external 'ROADMAP'
picture for the world.  Of course some platform-specifics from the
maintainers won't get the same scrutiny (although they should be
posted for comment) because some tiny corners have very few
folks actually participating in that code.

Bill