On 11 Nov 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> slive       2002/11/11 10:24:42
>
>   Modified:    docs/manual/mod mod_deflate.xml mod_deflate.html.en
>   Log:
>   Tighten up the writing a little and add an even simpler
>   configuration example.

By "tighten up", I basically mean "shorten".  I removed some of your very
explicit examples.  I know that these would be helpful to some people, but
I try to trade-off against the fact that they make the docs harder to
navigate for people who don't need all those specific details.

If you think I made the wrong decision, please feel free to put them back.

>   -    <example>
>   +      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
>   +    </example>

I'm curious: Does anyone know whether this will actually work for someone
who does a
AddType application/x-httpd-php php

The end content-type is text/html, but does AddOutputFilterByType check
the content type before php gets at it?  If so, we should document that
both in the mod_deflate and AddOutputFilterByType docs.

Joshua.