On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 13:50, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Basically, if you received a brigade from a higher filter, you can only
> > assume that it will survive a single trip down the filter stack.

Right.  And you also can't assume that the context that passed
the brigade down the filter stack still exists by the time the
brigade reaches the last filter.  It's a safe assumption in
httpd-2.0, where the brigade is passed as a synchronous function
call, but it's not valid for apps in general (potentially including
future Apache versions) where the brigade may be queued up for
asynchronous processing by an I/O completion thread.

Brian