At 12:46 PM 1/18/2003, Sander Temme wrote:
>Gives me the following perl-framework test report:
>
>Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
>ssl/http.t        9  2304     2    2 100.00%  1-2
>7 tests skipped.
>*** server localhost:8529 shutdown
>!!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
>
>We knew about ssl/http.t: that has been broken for a while.

Yup, this is testing the HTTP over HTTPS failure case.  It's looking
for an HTTP/1.0 response and getting an HTTP/0.9 response.

The right fix is actually to provide the 'proper' response, HTTP/0.9 for
any ass-backwards requests, and HTTP/1.0/1.1 with headers,
for modern requests.  And I 'think' I have a cool solve for this...

>+1 for release.

Considering this exception, I concur... it's inconsequential (or I wouldn't
have let it stay broken this long!!!)

But I'm not yet ready to +1 on my own platforms ;-)  Working on it.

Bill