Nathan Ollerenshaw wrote:

What I have in mind is a module that fits in with our current LDAP
based infrastructure. Currently, LDAP services our mail users, and I
would like to see the Apache mass hosting configuration held in LDAP as
well. In this way, we can just scale by adding more apache servers,
mounting the shared docroot and pointing them to the LDAP server.

I had this on the cards quite a while ago, but have not got around to actually finishing it off.

The idea was a separate tool which would generate flat apache config files based on LDAP queries. The reason for the flat files was so the server could still restart and work even if the LDAP server was down. "Kicking" a server could be as simple as accessing a special URL, which recreates the flat config files and gracefully restarts the server.

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               "There's a moon
                                        over Bourbon Street
                                                tonight..."