Hi All,

I am progressing with apxs approach. But can anyone tell me why the exp approach is
failing on Apache 2.0.43. The same approach is working on Apache 1.3.26. For apxs
approach there will be lots of changes in makefiles which our customer may not agree.
Is there anything that I am missing in my current approach.

Right now I am only importing symbols in httpd.exp. Do i need to import some other exp
file also in addition to httpd.exp.

Since the LoadModule directive is not loading the my library, my code has not yet
executed. The problem is there with format of library only. Is there any was to detect
whether my library is compatible with apache loading routines??

When i do apachectl start i get following error:

Syntax error on line 147 of /usr/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/agent5x/lib/my_lib.so into server:

FYI:  The same library built on solaris, hpux gets loaded properly & works fine. In
solaris & hp we don't need to import symbols using -bI:<httpd.exp> option.

Why is the problem only on aix???

I am using xlC_r compiler on aix. Link line command to build the library are as below:

/usr/vacpp/bin/makeC++SharedLib_r  -G -p 0 -bnoipath
../../Rosette30/unix/lib/aix-xlC_r/libbtunicode.so
 -bM:SRE -berok -bnoentry -blibpath:/usr/lib/threads:/usr/ibmcxx/lib:/usr/lib:/lib -s
-bI:../../thi
rdparty/apache/httpd/2.0.43/aix43/server/httpd.exp -bE:mylib.exp ..................

Regards,
Rahul