Juan Rivera wrote:

This is the scenario: A module creates a thread during initialization and then you want to close the thread during shutdown.

do it in a cleanup registered on the pchild pool during child init (if you're talking about cleaning up a thread you've created in each child process)

I figured this could be done by registering a destroy function in a pool, but I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it (architecturally speaking).

> If there are initialization hooks why don't we have clean up hooks? Or
> are the pool destroy functions the designed way to do this?

registering a cleanup against the right pool is the right way to do it... having the additional hooks is redundant...