Hey again !!

 Thanks for getting back in touch. I read through the code you have and
I'm not sure it does exactly what I'm aiming for, although it is a great
start. The caching section I have seen examples for and I'am sure it
wouldn't be too much to get it going. I know it is a lot of extra code
how ever to catch certain system events but it is possible.

I'm still not sure how I can take a varible lets say [char *vconf] and
then vconf will contain a httpd.conf styl variable like:
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs
        ServerName www.aproxity.com
        ServerAlias *
        CustomLog logs/www-access.log combined
        ErrorLog logs/www-error.log

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/htdocs/cgi-bin/"
        <Directory "/var/www/htdocs/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/htdocs

</VirtualHost>

And then just merge that variable into the conf as it stands ... Not
sure how I can go about getting stuff like back into the server current
conf and settings ? I mean also stuff like ServerAlias wouldn't be
required as the module I have uses the client host request for the
lookup anyways...?

But there would be other flags to take in account which are handled by
other modules, like rewrite or in the example above the php admin values
??

How can I go about merging these returned results into apache2 ? Perhaps
if I knew the answer I can convert it over to 1.3 as well ? Anyone on
the mailing list knows anything about this ?

Anyways, something to think about ...