On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:41:09AM -0400, Glenn wrote:
With the talk about a minor MMN bump, I put together this patch which
adds a flag at the end of server_rec.  This also changes ErrorLog to
a TAKE12, with an optional style of "default" or "vhosts", where the
"vhosts" includes the server name and port in the error log entries.
The TAKE12 maintains backwards compatibility to existing config files.

Comments appreciated on the method(s) that would most likely get this
accepted into 1.3.28 or 1.3.29.  (global flag, server_rec addition,
other ...)  Thanks!

In general, it would require a great deal of value added to justify a new feature in 1.3. I don't see that here. It certainly doesn't justify a change to server_rec (even an append is a risky change). A global flag is possible, but a compile-time ifdef would be sufficient for 1.3.

....Roy