On 13.11.2003, at 01:29, Aaron Bannert wrote:

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 05:14:35PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
1) Bugs

searching for NEW and REOPENED bugs in httpd-2.0 returns: 420 entries
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi? bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&product=Apache+httpd-2.0

Suggestion: make bugzilla CC bug-reports to the dev list. Most
developers won't just go and check the bugs database to see if there
is something to fix, both because they don't have time and because
there are too many things to fix. Posting the reports to the list
raises a chance for the developer to have a free minute and may be to
resolve the bug immediately or close it.

Would anyone else be in favor of exploring other forms of bug-tracking? The old system (gnats) was completely email-oriented, which was good and bad. Bugzilla may be more usable for web-oriented users, but it it definitely more difficult to use offline (ie. impossible). Perhaps we could try out the bug tracking system used by the debian project (http://www.debian.org/Bugs/).

I'd be very in favour of exploring other forms of bug-tracking. For example
we'll have a full replication of BugZilla in Jira (/me hides) in the near future
here on ASF hardware (see http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/ for a preview).

I've to admit that I really like it and especially as a patch-tracking tool
it could be useful, at least IMHO.

Btw, Scarab (http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues) is also available but I
doubt that it is used by a single project ;-)

Cheers,
Erik