From: Cliff Woolley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 10:23 PM
To: Robert La Ferla
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Release Frequency and Testing

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Robert La Ferla wrote:

> What testing gets performed prior to an official httpd 2.x release?  I

> think whatever test suite is used, needs some updating to include
> configurations that utilize more features like user tracking, caching
> and multi-views.  The last release (2.0.48) crashes on startup for my
> configuration which includes those features.

Manni and I managed to break mod_usertrack, yes.  Unfortunately while we
do have a fairly large test suite, it didn't include the default case
for mod_usertrack (doh!).  If you just put in a "SetCookie Apache"
directive, it will work again.

This is 2.0.x as well as 1.3.x most recent releases btw.  Sigh.

There is already a bugdb entry and proposed patch for this.

--Cliff