MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

Here is the fix for AIX:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/generators/

mod_cgid.c.diff?r1=1.158&r2=1.159

Thanks - I'll try it out right away.

While researching the AIX issue affecting mod_cgid, in which kill() would not report that a process was gone until up to 1 second after it exited*, I constructed a test program to expose the delay without using Apache+mod_cgid. Running the test program on HP-UX 11i (PA-RISC) showed no delay. I tried it on a number of other OSs too and found no such delay.

If your mileage varies, I'd certainly like to hear about it.

*this behavior is limited to a design like mod_cgid's, where sigchld is not usually generated for the exiting script