On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 07:37:23PM +0000, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 06:28:03PM +0000, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> > > I'd love to find out what's causing your worker failures. Are you using
> > > any thread-unsafe modules or libraries?
> >
> > Not to my knowledge, I wasn't planning to do this till later, but
> > I've bumped to 2.1, I'll try out the forensic_id and backtrace
> > modules right now, and see how that goes.
>
> *sigh*, forensic_id didn't catch it, backtrace didn't catch it,
> whatkilledus didn't catch it, all tried individually. The parent just
> dumps core; the children live on, serve their content and log their
> request and then drop off one by one. No uncomplete requests,
> no backtrace or other exception info thrown into any log.
>
> corefile is as useful as ever, unbacktracable. suggestions welcome!

Have you tried setting up a signal handler for SIGSEGV and calling
   kill(getpid(), SIGSTOP);
in the signal handler?  After attaching to the process with gdb, send
a CONT signal to the process from another terminal.  It's worth a shot.
(Is the process dying from SIGSEGV or some other signal?
Does the core file tell you?)

Can you get a tcpdump of the traffic leading up to the crash?
(Yeah I know it would be a lot)

If you can get a tcpdump, and then can replay the traffic and
reproduce it, more of us can look at this.

Cheers,
Glenn