At 03:12 PM 3/13/2004, Sander Striker wrote:
>On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 21:35, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> Sander Striker wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I hereby would like to propose that we move the HTTP Server project
>> > codebase to the Subversion repository at:
>> >   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/.
>>
>> So when?
>>
>> Can we get some lead time (7-10 days from the time there is a complete httpd
>> and apr snapshot in subversion to play with) so developers can get clients
>> installed everywhere and have time to address platform issues or changed
>> scripting requirements before the project switches over?
>
>Ofcourse.  Your idea of giving lead time starting when we have a test
>snapshot is very sensible.  Lets make that 14 days from then, so that
>everyone has plenty of time to address issues.

One issue I immediately foresee...

as the GNU, ASF, and SF projects all discovered, full backups by third
parties are invaluable. What is the equivalent to rsync, and is it as stable?

As I mentioned to the [EMAIL PROTECTED]'ers I would feel much safer moving 2.1-dev
over to SVN (with APR 1.0) and leaving 2.0/apr 0.9 alone to the end of their
useful life.

Bill