Naga Bussa wrote:

I am trying to use Apache 2.0.43 on Solaris 8, the
installation is
successful and the Apache starts without any errors.

maybe try something more recent? there was an APR problem back in that timeframe that neglected to link in -lpthread when using Sun cc... various oddities were possible

But when I try to connect to the server from a browser
I get the
following error in the error_log

[error](13)Permission denied: apr_accept: (client
socket)

note that build problems on Solaris can result in an app not seeing the thread-specific errno; if you truss the httpd process do you see the same errno? (this probably isn't the issue, but just in case ;) )

I am not sure if this is because of some file
permission setting on
some files in /devices/....... etc.

comp.unix.solaris newsgroup?