From: Eugene Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: looking for mpm-perchild info

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:25:06PM -0600, Binam, Jesse wrote:
:
: I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I saw in the documentation
: that the perchild mpm development has ceased. I have looked on
: apache.org for info but did not find anything. I am curious if anyone
: in here can tell me where else I might look for information on why it
: stopped, as I would like to investigate the possibility of giving it
: another go at life.

According to the docs, it looks like it became too broke to fix.

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/perchild.html

        This module is not functional.  Development of this module is
        not complete and is not currently active.  Do not use perchild
        unless you are a programmer willing to help fix it.

And maybe the programmers feel that a CGI/suexec combo is a good enough
replacement for the perchild MPM.  I dunno.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene at anime dot net