Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Rici Lake wrote:
>
>>>What about keeping the old error message, but logging an *additional*
>>>message at loglevel debug with the additional info?
>>
>>That is certainly possible but I was trying to make things as easy as possible
>>for newbies. I think having both modules available, and using a -D flag to
>>select which one to load would probably work out better. But that is just one
>>person's opinion.
>

> I can say with relative certainty that you won't get people to agree to
> that solution.  It involves a bunch of new complexity (distributing and
> compiling two almost-identical modules) for one new debugging feature.
> Opening httpd.conf and finding the LogLevel directive, which appears only
> once, should be relatively easy.

and more idiomatic, I'd say - if it's extra debugging information you're
after, I would _expect_ lowering the LogLevel to provide it (if it's
available at all).

personally, I add this kind of stuff at 'info' and save 'debug' for
guts-type things, as debug is more verbose by design anyway.  but adding the
additional information at either level sounds like a good idea.

--Geoff