On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Joe Orton wrote:
> When ap_die() is called, ap_set_keepalive() has not been called, and
> r->connection->keepalive is set to 0, as it was initialized so.
>
> The last thing ap_die does is call ap_send_error_response, which calls
> ap_send_http_header, which calls ap_set_keepalive, which sets
> r->connection->keepalive = 1.
>
> FWIW, "r->connection->keeaplive == 0" is documented in the header to
> mean "undecided", not specifically "no keep alive", as you seem to want
> to use it.

Well, we have a bunch of cases where we leave it "undecided" when it is
decidedly not undecided.  For example, when I configure a server to
exlicitly not use keepalives and restrict Post requests with a Limit Post
clause, I don't expect a POST request with a huge file upload to hit this
ap_die code and suck in the entire POST request because something has
decided that the keepalive state is undecided.  It's not undecided, I have
told it that it is off and the 403 or 404 is the second big clue.

I guess what we are agreeing on here is that the logic that sets keepalive
to 0 is faulty and that is probably where the real fix lies.

-Rasmus