At 08:36 PM 7/29/2004, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>I'd be surprised if it were even possible for an independent
>module to allocate a scoreboard struct, but it has been a while
>since I looked at that code.

I think you are right - allocation is in control of httpd itself.  Mladen
wants to be able to 'extend' a scoreboard, for mod_ssl for example,
or for the load balancer.  I think this is the right design choice.

Examples of heavy scoreboard consumption include snmp and
other external monitoring modules.  But they aren't creating, only
consuming, so either patch would be safe (with the the new struct
member moved to the end of the struct declaration.)

Bill