--On Saturday, August 7, 2004 8:49 AM +0200 Jan Kratochvil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

according to RFC2616 (HTTP/1.1) section 4.4 it is valid to do POST method
without specifying Content-Length. Mobile phone SonyEricsson P900 sends
such requests to its specified WAP proxy (behaving in HTTP way - I assume
a bug):         http://www.jankratochvil.net/priv/SonyEricssonP900.HTTPrequest.gz

Unfortunately no httpd/apache or squid versions support such requests.
* httpd assumes no body at all and tries to interpret the message body as
  another HTTP request.
* squid complains with 411 (length required)

Um, Apache HTTP Server 2.0 (and higher) certainly reads chunked input. Our httpd-test perl-framework explicitly checks for this behavior. -- justin