On Saturday, August 7, 2004, at 01:17  PM, André Malo wrote:

* Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It occurs to me that a similar situation arises with CGI and chunked
input.  The CGI spec guarantees a content-length header,

ah, no.

| * CONTENT_LENGTH
|
| The length of the said content as given by the client.

That's rather, *if* the client says something about the length, then
CONTENT_LENGTH tells about it. One should not trust it anyway, since inflating
compressed content with mod_deflate (for example), changes the length, but
neither changes the Header nor the environment variable.

CGI would happen after mod_deflate. If mod_deflate changes the request
body without also (un)setting content-length, then it is broken. However,
I suspect you are thinking of a response body, not the request.

....Roy